If you’ve ever wondered how a Sunday service put together, this workshop is for you. If you’d like to know what it would take to offer your own service on Sunday, if you’ve been a lay leader and you’re interested in doing more, or if you’re just curious about what goes on behind the scenes, then come to this workshop to find out!
Complementing the current offering of the sermon-writing seminar, “The Shared Pulpit”, our Director of Religious Education, Joanne Dingus, and I will facilitate a one-session workshop “From Lay Leader to Worship Associate” following services on Sunday, February 28th. This interactive, hands-on workshop will focus on what makes for a coherent, meaningful Sunday service, addressing the following questions and more:
- What makes for a successful service?
- How do spoken words and music fit together?
- What’s the logic behind the usual Order of Service?
- How are hymns and readings selected?
- What does the lay leader do?
- How do services mesh with hospitality?
There’ll be a Soup Social after services on February 28th, so grab your bowl and spoon and join us! Until then, please contact me with any questions or concerns.