submitted by Mason Moseley
THIRTY DAYS OF LOVE
Planning Session, Monday, January 13th, at 6pm Office Building
UUFP Social Justice Committee
This past Sunday Andrew dramatically outlined the topics for Justice January and the events he plans to attend. They start with an event sponsored by Virginia Interfaith Center for Public Policy:
The Day for All People of Faith will be held on Tuesday, January 21, 2014. Please plan on joining us in Richmond for a full day of speakers, policy briefings, meetings with your elected officials, fellowship and more. The doors will open at 8, and we will conclude by 2:30pm. This year we will be gathering at the Richmond Convention Center again, just 5 blocks from the General Assembly Building.
Space is limited and advance registration is required by January 17th.
The links below give more information. The UUFP Social Justice Committee is sponsoring information on the immigration issues that are part of this day. We will prepare together for those who will go to Richmond to advocate.
- SOCIAL JUSTICE COMMITTEE MEETING, MONDAY, JANUARY 13th, 6:30pm, Planning for Walks: 7pm
The other dates that Andrew outlined are:
- Tuesday, January 28th: Equality Virginia’s Day of Action, Richmond, Va
- Saturday, February 8th: Mass Moral March, Raleigh, NC
- Friday, February 14th: People of Faith for Equality in Virginia’s Witness for Love, Newport News
Links to the above events and where to get your Standing on the Side of Love T-shirt
- Tuesday, January 21st: Virginia Interfaith Center for Public Policy’s Day for All People 2014, Richmond VA: http://www.virginiainterfaithcenter.org/GetInvolved/UpcomingEvents/AdvocacyDay.aspx
- See also: https://uufp.wordpress.com/2013/12/30/unitarian-universalist-legislative-ministry-virginia/
- Tuesday, January 28th: Equality Virginia’s Day of Action, Richmond VA: http://www.equalityvirginia.org/dayofaction/
- (Friday and) Saturday, February (7th and) 8th: (Standing on the Side of Love and others) Mass Moral March, Raleigh NC: http://standingonthesideoflove.org/mass-moral-march-saturday-february-8th-2014-raleigh-nc/
- Friday, February 14th: People of Faith for Equality in Virginia’s Witness for Love, Newport News: http://www.pofev.org/index.php/witness-love/
Also, Standing on the Side of Love T-shirts are now being sold by the UUA Bookstore: http://www.uuabookstore.org/showproducts.cfm?FullCat=155