n pl -teries
1. an unexplained or inexplicable event, phenomenon, etc.
2. a person or thing that arouses curiosity or suspense because of an unknown, obscure, or enigmatic quality
3. the state or quality of being obscure, inexplicable, or enigmatic
4. (Literary & Literary Critical Terms) a story, film, etc., which arouses suspense and curiosity because of facts concealed
5. (Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) Christianity any truth that is divinely revealed but otherwise unknowable
6. (Christian Religious Writings / Theology) Christianity a sacramental rite, such as the Eucharist, or (when pl.) the consecrated elements of the Eucharist
7. (Non-Christian Religions / Other Non-Christian Religions) (often plural) any of various rites of certain ancient Mediterranean religions
(Performing Arts / Theatre) short for mystery play
[via Latin from Greek mustērion secret rites. See mystic]
Mystery! Mystery! Life is a riddle and a mystery. This was one of the lines from a hymn we sang today. Perhaps even admitting that life is a riddle and mystery is the start of the journey to enlightenment. There are many religions that like to think they have the mysteries of the universe all figured out. Perhaps some people are more tolerant of mystery than others who need to have it all figured out. Go your own way and find your own truth and meaning in the riddle and mystery of life. Do you and be proud.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink